From Jeff Conrad <jeff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git support in Apache Flex
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:41:08 GMT
I think one of the first things we need to do is put in a ticket to
request a move to Git in the Infrastructure JIRA.  I'm looking through
the tickets and it looks like people make requests with Infra to get
the ball rolling.

For instance: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5065

Following the template, here are what I believe are the relevant links:

Vote on @dev Thread: http://markmail.org/thread/2kklqltsdo4643lv
Vote Result Message: http://markmail.org/message/ajlskznzec4wqda2
Discussion Threads: http://markmail.org/thread/nxemzkidwdc3df3q,
http://markmail.org/message/2u4gzjengpswaunq,
http://markmail.org/thread/6vm2licajqtfyuqr

Who do we put as the point of contact for Infra?  Michael Labriola,
Omar Gonzales, Om, Carlos Rovira, or me?  Michael, Omar, and Om are
PPMC members.  Does that make a difference?

Also, the Git mirrors aren't updating because of the svn
restructuring.  See
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/flex/sdk/branches/develop/
versus https://github.com/apache/flex.  As of this e-mail, the last
update on Github was 3 days ago where as the last changes to svn were
12 hours ago.  I think we can make the updated repositories as part of
the request and have that split into at least 6 different
repositories: sdk, external, falcon, blazeds, utilties, and site.
Other projects, cordova and trafficserver, have done this already.
See https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf.  Once the github mirrors
are updated properly, it should be a lot easier to merge pull
requests.

Am I missing anything else?

Jeff

P.S.  Is there a tool that automatically converts links in place to
footnotes like I've seen in some people's e-mails?  How does that
work?