From Jeff Conrad <jeff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switching to Git - immediate repercussions
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:26:34 GMT
FYI, a few of the major projects at Apache are using Git as their main
VCS: Cassandra, CouchDB, and TrafficServer.

http://cassandra.apache.org/ - Huge NoSQL database in use by Reddit,
Twitter, Digg, Netflix, and others.  Originally open-sourced by
Facebook.
http://couchdb.apache.org/ - Another well-known NoSQL database
http://trafficserver.apache.org/ - Reverse-Proxy caching server for
HTTP traffic.  From what I read, it does kinda the same thing that
Varnish does.

Jeff

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Guthmann, Scott
<sguthmann@on3solutions.com> wrote:
>> Almost all of them are procedural questions.  We need to be aware of what would happen
after the switch so that we are prepared.  Other Apache projects have successfully move the
Git, so it is only a matter of us figuring things out ourselves.  I am
>> raising these questions now so that we don't cause extra work for ourselves later.
>
> Thank you Om - your answer makes sense. I'm glad I misunderstood the first message -
your clarification helped me understand.