From Jeff Conrad <jeff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please Talk to Infra about Git at Apache
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 05:24:15 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Via IRC - I've had a conversation with David Nalley (ke4qqq) who is working on the
Git Run Book putting things all together.

> > He recommends that someone run the following scripts at http://fpaste.org/LJGR/
and generate an author's file from svn to help with git authorizations.

I checked out the entire svn repository from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/ (whiteboards, sdk,
falcon, site, whiteboards, utilities, everything...all 8.8GB of
it...took forever, by the way).  I wanted to be thorough and make sure
the svn log would include every possible user.  I've attached that
file as log-users.txt.

I then download the authors.txt from git.apache.org and ran the
shell-based while loop listed at http://fpaste.org/LJGR/.  No Klaxons
need be sounded :).  I can confirm that everyone in the commit log is
in the authors.txt file.

However, there are initial committers who haven't committed any code
yet.  So I've attached 4 files.

log-users.txt: usernames pulled from the svn log using the command
listed at http://fpaste.org/LJGR/.
team-members.txt: http://incubator.apache.org/flex/team.html and
anyone who's in log-users.txt who isn't on this list who I know to be
a part of the project...namely Peter Ent
inferred-infra.txt: two unaccounted for usernames in log-users.txt who
are most likely from Infra
team-no-commits.txt: members of the team with commit access who
haven't shown up in the commit log yet

Even though I put an iCLA on file, it's probably better that a member
of the PPMC with commit access submit the ticket.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if there's anything else I can do to
speed this up.

Jeff