From Victor Hugo Garcia <vihugar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows script to build an Apache Flex SDK for an IDE such as Adobe FlashBuilder or JetBrains IntelliJ
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 03:41:22 GMT
Hi Carol,

I just tested your script, it ran without problems. However, when I
added the sdk to the Flash Builder IDE, compiled an existing project,
and tried to change to the desing mode, I got the following message
"The Design Mode is disabled as the project uses an incompatible
version of the Flex SDK". Strangely enough the project runs and I was
able to export a realease build wich works just fine, it's just the
design mode I can't access.

Best Regards,

Victor

2012/7/30 Carol Frampton <cframpto@adobe.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I know there has been a lot of confusion about how to get from the Apache Flex binary
kit to be a Flex SDK that you can use with an IDE such as either Adobe FlashBuilder or JetBrains
IntelliJ.

> I just wrote a script for Windows called constructFlexForIDE.bat, that will pick the
files it needs from an Adobe Flex 4.6 SDK and copy them into your Apache SDK.  The script
is here [1].  Since all files are local it runs relatively quickly.

> Usage: constructFlexForIDE "Apache Flex dir" ["Adobe Flex 4.6 dir"]
>
> If your directory contains spaces it must be quoted properly.
>
> You Apache Flex dir should be an unpackaged Apache Flex binary distribution, or an unpacked
Apache Flex source distribution which you've built.

> If you don't specify an Adobe Flex 4.6 directory, the script will look for Adobe FlashBuilder
in the default installation location and use the Adobe Flex 4.6 SDK from there if it finds
it.