From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject ApacheFlexSDK Installer (+ Badge) questions
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:47:48 GMT
Om and whom it may concern,

I would like to discuss the following:

1) can't we host the 'ApacheFlexConfig.xml' on
'http://incubator.apache.org/flex/' (and rename it to something more
fitting, like 'sdk-installer-config.xml'? The file can then easily be
referenced by both 'utility' apps and would provide a central location
for all information likely to change...

2) I would like to re-work the localisation and UI/log string
handling, but that requires rather a lot of refactoring. The work is
done, I have a patch which I can now apply myself, but I wanted to
check if you perhaps have uncommitted changes locally that would be
affected?

3) can't we host the SDK Installer Badge on the project's website as
well? That way we have a central location where other people willing
incorporate the badge on their site (Spoon?) can point to using an
'iframe' or whatever. Or do we require every 'hosting party' to fetch
and build their own instance of the badge? That would make 1) all the
more relevant...

I'll leave it at that for today ;-)

EdB

--