From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: Erik de Bruin's patch for FLEX-33149 and FLEX-33150
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 05:33:03 GMT
>> I suggest we implement the CGI solution I've been promoting since I
>> started... This is only 2 lines of CGI code, and one word in an HTML
>> file. To me this sounds like the simplest and therefore most fool
>> proof method.
>
> I am working on this now.  I dont know cgi, am learning it as I go.  Will
> keep you updated.

There actually is no knowledge of CGI involved. The solution is
literally copy-pasting the three lines I mention in FLEX-33106 into a
new text file, renaming it and uploading it; together with another
file with only the one word, [preferred], in it and with an HTML
extension. All the parsing etc will be taken care of by the automated
processes from Apache, for which 'our' .cgi is only a wrapper.

It is really that easy, according to Apache documentation and the

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
personal record for days lived.