From Erik de Bruin <>
Subject Help needed with working with patches
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 11:53:21 GMT

Any help you can give me with the following is very much appreciated:

I'm currently helping Om with the InstallApacheFlex app. I'm have a
basic knowledge of how patches are created and applied in SVN. I have
even submitted several patches already, which Om was kind enough to
commit to the repository.

But as I continue working, I run into the following: having finished
working one part, involving a lot of refactoring, I've submitted the
result as a patch to JIRA. While waiting for that to be
committed/denied, I'd like to continue working on other stuff. How do
I do that?

Any work I do on my local code will require the patch for the first
part. But as that might not be committed, how can I separate both
patches so they can be applied independently? Do I revert to HEAD
before starting work on the second patch? If so, how do we prevent the
patches 'colliding' and causing conflicts in SVN?

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295

P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
personal record for days lived.

View raw message