From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Help needed with working with patches
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 11:53:21 GMT
Hi,

Any help you can give me with the following is very much appreciated:

I'm currently helping Om with the InstallApacheFlex app. I'm have a
basic knowledge of how patches are created and applied in SVN. I have
even submitted several patches already, which Om was kind enough to
commit to the repository.

But as I continue working, I run into the following: having finished
working one part, involving a lot of refactoring, I've submitted the
result as a patch to JIRA. While waiting for that to be
committed/denied, I'd like to continue working on other stuff. How do
I do that?

Any work I do on my local code will require the patch for the first
part. But as that might not be committed, how can I separate both
patches so they can be applied independently? Do I revert to HEAD
before starting work on the second patch? If so, how do we prevent the
patches 'colliding' and causing conflicts in SVN?

Regards,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
personal record for days lived.