From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject New committer: unable to commit (sad, but true :-))
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 12:05:19 GMT
Hi,

I cannot commit changes to SVN. I can go all places and read all stuff
a new committer is supposed to. I can SSH to people.apache.org, I've
added a file to my personal web space, I receive email on my
apache.org email address. But I can't commit to SVN...

I've been trying to follow the instructions in [1] and [2], but no
luck. I get the message:

Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to
CHECKOUT request for
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/1358464/incubator/flex/site/trunk/content/flex/team.mdtext'

I've tried changing my password, no luck (the new password DOES work
for other restricted services). I have verified that the error is not
[3].

I seem to remember something about the first commit needing to be
'approved' by the PPMC, but I can't find anything but a reference to a
'first commit MESSAGE' needing moderator approval.

Any suggestions?

EdB

1: http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html#subversion-access-and-web-sites
2: http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn