From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: Erik de Bruin's patch for FLEX-33149 and FLEX-33150
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 14:34:59 GMT
> This patch has been committed into svn now.

I've updated my source, but when I try to compile, I get an exception
on the retrieval of a file from 'VERSION_URL' (in the 'checkVersion'
method). Looking into it, the app tries to first read this url from
the config XML. But, both in the XML in the project and in the online
version, there is not 'versionurl' node...

> The hostip.info service does not look foolproof.  As an extra backup,
> should we try to parse the the closer.cgi html like Ravindra Bharathi
> mentioned in this thread:
> http://markmail.org/message/2zte5zseu4wpidx6 ?

I suggest we implement the CGI solution I've been promoting since I
started... This is only 2 lines of CGI code, and one word in an HTML
file. To me this sounds like the simplest and therefore most fool
proof method.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
personal record for days lived.