From Erik de Bruin <>
Subject Re: Erik de Bruin's patch for FLEX-33149 and FLEX-33150
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 18:41:38 GMT
> 1.  I see your comment about moving URL_CONFIG_XML constant from
> ViewResourceConstants to the main class.  Resource constants dont
> necessarily have to be localizable strings.  It can be urls, icons, sound
> files etc.  I dont think such constants should be in the main class
> itself.  IMHO it makes it inconsistent.
> A good compromise would be place this constant in the ViewResourceConstants
> class, but NOT load it as a locale string using iResourceManager .  Would
> that be acceptable?

I like compromises ;-) Done.

> 2.  You have added a few log mesasges.  Can you please convert them into
> locale strings for the en_US locale at least?  This will make it easier for
> other locale contributors to provide corresponding translations.

Done. Should have done that in the first place, but I forgot, sorry.
While I was at it, I also prepare a solution to smooth out the whole
localization process a bit. Once this patch lands, we can take a look
at it, if you're interested.

> 3.  When verifying the Apache Flex SDK MD5 signature, a message is being
> logged for every progress update which causes a ton of log messages . You
> probably can just log when the verification starts and when it ends.

> 4.  A log message about the result of the verification of the Apache Flex
> SDK would be good.  Especially true when the md5 check fails and we abort,
> we need to let the user know what just happened.

> 5.  Not a huge deal, but if possible, in the sequence of logs, can we make
> sure that the Version number log is always the first one?

Can you point me in the right direction, I can't find where it is
logged at the moment...

> 6.  For some reason, the 'temp' folder is not getting deleted after the
> install.  This used to work.  Can you please debug and see if you
> introduced something that causes this issue?

I'm unable to reproduce... maybe it's a 'Windows' thing (I'm on a Mac)?

> 7.  In the fetchApacheMirrorFromCGI() method, the result handler to
> _internetUtil.fetch is specified to be the same method -
> fetchApacheMirrorFromCGI()  This method is a bit too confusing.  I think it
> will be better if you had a separate event handler where you process the
> result and extract the url.

> 8.  Can you move all the mirror fetching logic into one class and provide a
> common api?  The internal logic can be abstracted from the main class.

> I hope you dont mind fixing the patch based on these comments and
> reattaching it when you get a chance.  I can then commit this patch to
> svn.

I've added the new patch to FLEX-33106.

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295

P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
personal record for days lived.

View raw message