From João Fernandes <joaopedromartinsfernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:47:53 GMT
As I said in another thread, I never used GIT but I'm willing to try it but
I think first of all we need to pick which branching model we're going to
follow.

Is there any pitfall for using GIT mirroring the SVN repository and having
people commiting in both SVN/GIT?

While I've learned a bit about GIT in another thread and see the potential
of GIT over SVN, I don't think SVN is unusable for a project of this size.
There are bigger projects at Apache and they are doing just fine.
Could they work even better under GIT? Most probably.

I just hope we'll have a very detailed how-to whenever it's GIT or SVN and
with the specific branching model detailed.

João Fernandes