From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Current Branching Strategy Vote Results
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:30:37 GMT
On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Michael A. Labriola
<labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:
> Bertrand wrote:
>>This is about which tools the committers use (and might have to partially
>> support in case of Git, for now) so I wouldn't give much weight to the community's
>> opinion in this particular case. Those who do the work decide IMO.
>
> This feels like a great way to ensure the current committer pool doesn’t grow.

In general I would agree with you - this particular vote has mentors
unanimous on one opinion, PPMC leaning in the same direction and
community leaning in a different direction. My opinion is based on
allowing this project to finally start going forward instead of
endlessly discussing options.

-Bertrand