From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release InstallApacheFlex 1.0
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 13:48:28 GMT
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
> ...We know, we know... we're updating the documentation as we go, but Om
> and I are in opposing time zones, which makes coordination a
> challenge. Please be patient, neither of us has done this before,
> we're learning as we go....

Which is great - I think Carol's point, which echoes some of my
comments, is that the typical use-case should be to checkout or
download the software and run ant to build it.

Aiming for your package's installation instructions to fit in a tweet
is a good goal IMO. That can be either "download from $URL and see
README in there" or "download from $URL and run ant", and if you
achieve that you'll get a lot less questions here.

-Bertrand