From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: May I fork the project for creating a reduced version of it?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:49:53 GMT
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Left Right <olegsivokon@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Well, I guess, I'd need your permission to do this, as this isn't
> technically a mirror or something. Besides you may or may not want to
> give this permission :) are there any legal impediments for doing so?...

The Apache License allows you to fork without asking for permissions,
but your fork must be named in a way that prevents confusion with
Apache Flex, see http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

One big downside of forking is that your work would happen outside of
this community - if you can find a way to keep it here (or at least
most of it) that would be much better IMO. It's perfectly possible to
create a subproject or an experimental branch if that helps.

-Bertrand