From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] .p12 file for releasing InstallApacheFlex
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:32:28 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> (1) I think that we need to get confirmation that a .p12 signed release is ok with legal-discuss@.
> That it is a permissible for a convenience binary. I think that is likely and I'll look
into it tomorrow....

IMO distributing (not "releasing") a signed binary is fine, as long as
it's not signed by the (P)PMC - individuals (including more than one
if that's possible and useful) can sign convenience binaries and that
only means it's them who created the binary, the (P)PMC won't provide
any guarantees for binaries anyway.

> (2) We probably need to have a release VOTE for the source code making up the
> InstallApacheFlex package...

Absolutely - the ASF releases source code, and if convenience binaries
are distributed they must be based on released source code - search
for "binar" at http://apache.org/dev/release.html for more info.

So I'd say in this case a vote is needed to release the installer's
source code, and another one (or the same with two decisions) to
authorize whoever produces the convenience binaries to upload them to
http://apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/FOO/binaries/

-Bertrand