From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MENTORS] Current Branching Strategy Vote Results
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:35:44 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...We’re just past the halfway mark (and some folks who voted in the poll have not
yet voted)
> but if I culled the votes properly (see below), there is a significant difference of
opinion
> between the PPMC and the community...

This is about which tools the committers use (and might have to
partially support in case of Git, for now) so I wouldn't give much
weight to the community's opinion in this particular case. Those who
do the work decide IMO.

>From the community point of view, one big advantage of github IMO is
that it makes "drive-by contributions" easier, as you don't need to
subscribe to anything to create a pull request - but it's totally
possible for Flex committers to commit the occasional pull requests
that come in against the existing mirrors listed at
http://git.apache.org/ - and if/when those become too frequent, that
would be the time to revisit the tooling.

-Bertrand