From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please Talk to Infra about Git at Apache
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 07:38:19 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Omar Gonzalez
<omarg.developer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
> bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...IMO, creating issues at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX
>> about that Git setup might help make sense of the current chaotic
>> flurry of Git-related email.
>>
> I've gone through all the Git tagged INFRA issues...

What I meant is create issues under FLEX, for this project to keep
track of its setup and of how issues were solved - independently from
issues on which infra needs to act on.

>... Before I submit an INFRA
> ticket to move from SVN to Git as the official repo and volunteer as the
> point person I am getting familiar with administering Git....

I agree that it would be good for Flex to nominate a contact person.

> ...Once I get this all figured out then I will feel comfortable with being the
> point person if no one else is willing to take the lead, I just want to be
> re-familiarize myself with Gitosis and Gitolite.
>
> Any chance you know which one is being used in Apache?...

No idea, but I assume infra has a Git runbook somewhere (in svn ;-)

-Bertrand