From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] Pushing to Git (was: What would it take to move to Git)
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:04:47 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/12 1:31 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...See http://s.apache.org/flex_git_options...
>>
> ...I'm not sure how to interpret your response.  That link points to your reply
> to Justin, but doesn't mention the wiki at all.  Does that mean the wiki
> isn't valid or is only valid for those interested in using git-svn?  I think
> we don't want to use git-svn as it still uses svn in the end and you still
> have to be super careful about merging?...

"the wiki" == http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache ?

If yes that page is about using the git mirrors that are already in
place, so yes that requires using git-svn to commit AFAIK.

That's one of the options that I listed at
http://s.apache.org/flex_git_options - the other one is to start using
Git (on an apache.org server) as Flex's main code repository instead
of svn. See my notes at http://s.apache.org/flex_git_options for what
the latter implies.

-Bertrand