From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:44:32 GMT
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Omar Gonzalez
<omarg.developer@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...The issue, as I see it, is that the best branching model to follow works
> best in Git because of the much improved manner in which it handles
> branching, merging, and additional features that SVN does not have such as
> Rebasing and easily adding multiple remote forks....

Agreed, but considering the relatively low commit activity ATM (I'm
listed 7th at [1] with 32 commits since January, which have nothing to
do with Flex code for example)., I'm wondering if it would make more
sense to start with the *simplest* branching model as opposed to the
*best* one, for now. You might need the latter downstream, but
probably not right now.

OTOH, if people who are fluent in Git are willing to help make the
switch happen, I won't stand in the way of course.

-Bertrand

[1] http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?path=%2Fincubator%2Fflex