From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Becoming a committer
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:35:57 GMT
On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> >  I guess in theory you don't know when you're ready to be considered.
>  It is
> > completely subjective.  You have to do enough work for a PPMC member to
> > notice and/or care.  In this case the "work" will most likely be through
> > submitting patches [or other code] through JIRA.
>
> Wow. I was just about ready to drop it, in order to not completely
> ruin my changes of being noticed in a positive way, but... I have to
> "do enough work for a PPMC member"? Really? I work for the PPMC now?
>
> I hope you were either kidding or trying to get away with a quick
> reply, otherwise all I can say is: "wow!", bow my head to the new
> overlords and go write some more patches ;-)
>
> EdB

That is really taking a statement out of context.

The complete sentence Jeffry wrote was: "You have to do enough work for a
PPMC member to notice and/or care."

What Jeffry didn't write was: "You have to do enough work for a PPMC
member. To notice and/or care."

As you can see, punctuation makes a world of a difference.

-omar