From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please Talk to Infra about Git at Apache
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 07:23:51 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
> wrote:
> > ...Someone from the PPMC who has volunteered to admin GIT for Flex
> should get on IRC #asfinfra, introduce themselves, and start asking
> questions.
>
> I would add that that person needs Git admin level skills to be a
> useful point of contact.
>
> IMO, creating issues at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX
> about that Git setup might help make sense of the current chaotic
> flurry of Git-related email.
>
> -Bertrand

I've gone through all the Git tagged INFRA issues. Before I submit an INFRA
ticket to move from SVN to Git as the official repo and volunteer as the
point person I am getting familiar with administering Git.

I'm currently installing Gitolite on one of my servers and I am working to
replicate an SVN -> Git -> GitHub mirroring set up so I can play with
git-svn and figure out the workflow as well as the administration side of
it.

Once I get this all figured out then I will feel comfortable with being the
point person if no one else is willing to take the lead, I just want to be
re-familiarize myself with Gitosis and Gitolite.

Any chance you know which one is being used in Apache?

-omar