From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please Talk to Infra about Git at Apache
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 03:28:03 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for clearing that up.
> >
> > How long would you expect that the infra work would take? ie how long
> would the repository be read only? Roughly in fine  as I know it not
> possible to know in advance would it be an order of days, weeks  months?
>
> I suspect that we are talking on the order of days. If the project wants
> to move fast to all git then do the authors checks described and get the
> JIRA issue together. The delay may be starting the process either
> volunteer, credential or scheduling within infra.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

I talked to pctony (Tony Stevenson) in IRC last night, and he said the wait
would probably be close to a month or so.

I asked about the skills required to be the point person, he recommended
obviously Git experience as well as strong Python. I don't know Python so I
will have to learn some of it to help out, unless someone else want to
volunteer to speed things up. Unless this isn't actually needed, the Python
bit, I'll be happy to volunteer. Otherwise it'll be a bit before I'm
comfortable enough w/ Python before I can look at asfgit-admin, I believe
that's what the admin app is called.

-omar