From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 08:30:21 GMT

> Let me add one BIG WARNING as a mentor: branches might be much easier
> to manage with Git, but if a move to Git is a way to avoid agreeing on
> how branches are managed, that won't help IMO. I would recommend
> sorting that problem (which is a community problem, not a technical
> one) in svn first before considering a move.

The issue, as I see it, is that the best branching model to follow works
best in Git because of the much improved manner in which it handles
branching, merging, and additional features that SVN does not have such as
Rebasing and easily adding multiple remote forks.

I think in the discussions we've had most would agree that if we moved to
Git it would be to use the Git Branching Model that has been passed around:

So, in my eyes, I believe this to be both a technical problem as well as a
community problem. I feel that because we are on SVN we do not have
available to use the best options to choose from, especially considering we
have a Git solution readily available.

I would be willing to help out to test the Git infrastructure as much as
possible and document how the process of working with it would go.

-omar