From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:33:54 GMT
On Sunday, August 12, 2012, Greg Reddin wrote:

> Sent from my mobile device.
>
> On Aug 11, 2012, at 4:45 AM, Carlos Rovira <carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > When you want to plan a feature make a local branch to make your
> > development, better than start to make it directly on the initial branch.
> > When you finish, merge with final. You can as well publish  your feature
> > branch in remote to let others see it and help with your feature.
>
> These are the kind of statements I'm not too comfortable with right now.
> At Apache we have to do things collaboratively. Your local branch should be
> very short-lived before you share it with the rest of the dev team. We
> don't want to see your feature when you're done with it. We want to see it
> as it develops and maybe contribute to it or offer thoughts along the way.
>
> Greg

It's really just a matter of when the developer is ready to start
discussing the work, either way when a feature branch is published or not
is kind of beside the point. The branching model works the same if wedo or
do not publish feature branches immediately. A lot of times local branches
get killed because the experiment goes haywire.

-omar