From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discuss: Branching Strategy and SCM
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 03:29:48 GMT
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Om <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > - Unsure how it is decided what from develop/trunk goes into a release.
> > IMO this will make releases a lot more work for the release manager and
> > less likely someone will want to take on that role.
> >

> Doesn't option 4 exacerbate this problem?  How can this be a reason to vote
> 'for' option 4?

The way I see it, if there are a bunch of developers working in trunk, and
they happen to leave things unfinished or unstable, then somebody has to go
through all of that and figure out what is actually ready for a release and
what is not. Without a well defined SVN strategy this is going to be a mess
that someone will have to clean up.

That is my problem with all of the current strategies being discussed, they
all sound too "from the hip", so to speak. I would not be as opposed to
them if they had clear explanations of how everything is going to happen to
get through the development chain.

-omar