From Omar Gonzalez <>
Subject Re: Should .project, .flexLibProperties, and .actionScriptProperties be checked in to source control? (Was: svn commit: r1375263 [1/2] - in /incubator/flex/sdk/branches/develop/frameworks/projects)
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:11:06 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Jeff Conrad <> wrote:

> I don't think the Flash Builder Project files are going to give
> IntelliJ people any issues.  I wouldn't object to having machine
> neutral IntelliJ files in there as well, as long as the various
> compiler specific information is in a flex-config.xml type file.  That
> way all the various IDEs use that information and people know to look
> at the one specific place to see that configuration and change it if
> necessary.
> Is there any reason the compiler config information can't be moved to
> a flex-config.xml type file and still work in Flash Builder and Ant?
> Jeff

I don't think the FB project files would cause issues to IntelliJ users, I
just think its messy to include those in source control, its called source
control not source and IDE configuration file control... :P

I can understand not wanting to set those up by hand, I just don't like to
keep those files around. I've never tried making them machine neutral,
IntelliJ or Flash Builder, so I can try to give this a shot for IntelliJ. I
have a Windows machine here I can run tests on.

I still think its messy to keep these files in source control.