From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cross-compiling Flex to HTML5/Javascript (Was : Update on Falcon donation)
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 22:13:39 GMT
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Mr. Rich <mrrich.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a long discussion for something already available.
>
> http://reshapemedia.com/ftml/
>
> - flash (including older swf files) to html
> - php to flash
> - photoshop to flash
> - renders in browser
> - lots of demos and docs
> - no install, only 5 min setup
> - lots more
>
> That's only the online version.  There is a client as3 and server php
> project that lets you do even more... try it out.
>
> The next step is a java and windows library... then the same flash code can
> export to html, php, java, .net... then only ios left.
>
> Flash is much further than you're all thinking.

First of all, this renders in Flash. The whole point of wanting to
cross-compile is so that the output is HTML/JavaScript.

Second, the performance on that page is far from desirable.

And finally, that is FAR from being a Flex -> HTML/JS cross-compilation.
I'm not sure what the F they're doing there but it runs horribly, renders
in Flash, and is most definitely NOT cross-compiling.

-omar