From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject [MENTOR] Pushing to Git (was: What would it take to move to Git)
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 07:21:04 GMT
On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> Update:  I am unable to commit.  Can any other committer try to commit a
> change to some test file like SVN-TEST.txt?
>
> I got:
>
>     "fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly"
>
> when trying to push to git://git.apache.org/flex.git and:
>
>     "fatal: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex.git/info/refs not
> found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?"
>
> when pointing to "https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex.git" as
> described here [1].
>
> Can some other committer try it out?
>
> [1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/
>
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

I'm able to commit, I'm assuming you were able to commit as well since
that's local.

I was unable to 'git push' though, the remote end hung up unexpectedly.

I don't think I ever actually tried pushing a commit to the Git repository.

@Bertrand, or any other mentor, do we need to request write permissions to
the Git repository so we can test with it? I'm assuming because of the way
it is syncing SVN to Git that maybe we have to request writing? I will
search for more info from Apache on Git repos meanwhile.

-omar