From Omar Gonzalez <omarg.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] Pushing to Git (was: What would it take to move to Git)
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 08:11:29 GMT
I found some more info on Git at Apache.

This link is meant for contributors that do not have committer access:
http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html

This link is meant for Apache committers:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache

Basically they're not opening up Git repositories to 'git push', and they
want us instead to use 'git svn dcommit' in order to push changes back to
SVN. So, basically, SVN stays as the centralized repository and Git gets
used as an interface to the SVN repository.

It's been a while since I used "git svn" commands, not too complicated but
its just been a while and its 1am now. I will spend some time tomorrow and
over the next week playing with the Git repository and seeing if I can get
this flow working, if so I'll write it up regardless of whether we do or do
not end up using the Git repository.

-omar