From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheFlexSDK Installer (+ Badge) questions
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:40:21 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Om and whom it may concern,
>
> I would like to discuss the following:
>
> 1) can't we host the 'ApacheFlexConfig.xml' on
> 'http://incubator.apache.org/flex/' (and rename it to something more
> fitting, like 'sdk-installer-config.xml'? The file can then easily be
> referenced by both 'utility' apps and would provide a central location
> for all information likely to change...

Yes, that would be the best place.  Feel free to make the changes.

> 2) I would like to re-work the localisation and UI/log string
> handling, but that requires rather a lot of refactoring. The work is
> done, I have a patch which I can now apply myself, but I wanted to
> check if you perhaps have uncommitted changes locally that would be
> affected?

I dont have any changes pending.  Please go ahead and commit the changes.

> 3) can't we host the SDK Installer Badge on the project's website as
> well? That way we have a central location where other people willing
> incorporate the badge on their site (Spoon?) can point to using an
> 'iframe' or whatever. Or do we require every 'hosting party' to fetch
> and build their own instance of the badge? That would make 1) all the
> more relevant...

I sent an email about this a while ago.  The idea is to host the badge swf
on the project website.  We will then pass around the iframe code for folks
to embed on their blogs, websites, etc:

<iframe width="310" height="310" frameborder=0 scrolling="no" src="
http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ebigosmallm/installapacheflex/install.html>
"></iframe>

Of course, the link will be changed to point to the project website.

Thanks,
Om