From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 19:54:29 GMT

> I don't use FB other than for editing.  I use SmartSVN for SVN.  I was

 hoping GitHub for Mac would be the equivalent, but not so sure yet.

> The CLI seemed much more like SVN and worked for cloning from github, but I
> am getting a timeout trying to clone from git.apache.org.  Is it supposed
> work?

You may want to try SmartGit [1] then.  It is developed by the same team.
It is free for non-commercial use.
In any case, any of the tools listed here should work fine [2]

I havent used GitHub for Mac, I have no idea what the problem is.  But it
sounds like it is tied to the GitHub repo.  It probably does not work with
non github git repos.

[1] http://www.syntevo.com/index.html
[2] http://git-scm.com/downloads/guis