From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed with working with patches
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 17:42:55 GMT
Yet another (albeit a bit roundabout) approach would be to use the GitHub
mirror here: https://github.com/apache/flex

You can fork a new GitHub project for each patch you are planning to
create.  Each one forks off of the main flex github.  You can create
patches individually and attach them to corresponding JIRA tickets.

Or you can create a patch on project 1, fork it into project 2 and continue
working on patch 2 there.  If you want to modify patch 1, do it in project
1 and then send a 'pull request' from that project 1 to project 2.  Once
you have merged the first patch into the second one, you can continue
working on your second github project/patch.

Simple, conflict-less merges can be automatically be done from GitHub.
Complex, conflict-filled merges can be done on your machine before you push
it to your github.

The good thing is GitHub is free for public/open source projects and you
can create as many projects as you want.  This also facilitates multiple
non-committers to collaborate on one patch - which is not possible with our
standard SVN patch process.

Thanks,
Om