From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Introduction and some quick questions
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 18:52:53 GMT
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Hi Edward,
>
> Welcome!
>
> > 1)      Is there an expected date /time frame for the IDE packager to be
> > released? (Although I will walk through the setup of the current Apache
> Flex
> > install, most of the dev  audience will probably want something simpler)
>
> Nothing is set in stone, remember, we're all volunteers. Having said
> that, the first release of the Apache Flex Installer and accompanying
> badge is expected within the next week or two. Some minor details have
> to be taken care of before a release can be cut and voted upon.
>
> Thanks for your patience,
>
> EdB

Edward,

I see that your presentation is tomorrow evening.  For the short term, it
would be best to download the latest source from here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/utilities/trunk/installer
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/utilities/trunk/common

You can compile it on your machine and run it locally.  It should work fine
for your presentation.  The codebase is pretty much locked and this is what
we will be cutting a release from.

And you could take this opportunity to perhaps walk through how to checkout
code from Apache Flex, set up on your machine, compile it etc.  You could
show the devs how easy it is to get up and running.  Maybe some of them
will get inspired to help out Apache Flex as well.

Just a thought :-)

All the best for your presentation.

Thanks,
Om