From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cross-compiling Flex to HTML5/Javascript (Was : Update on Falcon donation)
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:25:57 GMT
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Omar Gonzalez
<omarg.developer@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 29, 2012, Erik Lundgren wrote:
>

> > 29 aug 2012 kl. 14:51 skrev "Michael A. Labriola" <
> > labriola@digitalprimates.net <javascript:;>>:
> >
> > > It's not that HTML is less extensible.
> >
> > How would one go about extending it?
> >
> > /Erik
> >

> JavaScript and the DOM.
>
> -omar

Can you please elaborate?

The point I was trying to make was that HTML5 language itself is not
designed to be extensible.  Using Javascript does not really count (in this
context)

As far as using the DOM, I assume you mean the Microdata format.  This
results in non-standard HTML most of the time and is not supported across
browsers.  And it deals more with extending data semantics and not
functional extension.

Thanks,
Om