From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject [MENTOR] How to handle Air app signing certificate
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:05:02 GMT

> I fixed all the issues identified by the RAT check except certificate.p12.
>  That's a binary file and I don't think it can go in the source
> distribution.
>
> I'll leave that to Om and/or Erik to figure out.

It makes sense for any developer who wants to work on it to create their
own certificate.  Flash Builder makes it very seamless.

But, what about official releases?  We need to have and maintain one
certificate so that the app upgrades on client's machines go smoothly.

.p12 files can be created, modified etc. using a variety of tools like
Flash Builder, OpenSSL, etc.  Can we make an exception for p12 files and
keep it in the source?

Thanks,
Om