From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MENTOR] Re: Release Managers and Multi-platform releases
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:51:56 GMT
Dave,

> It is certainly reasonable for multiple people to have their signing key
> within the project's KEYS file. Releases may be signed by anyone on that
> key.

That's good to know!

> Is it possible to derive these p12 files from KEYS? I think it is likely,
> if so we have a path to signing of these artifacts by project release
> managers

I will investigate this approach.  I have limited knowledge about this, but
I believe that OpenSSL might help us here.  Will let you know soon.

> Digital signatures are a whole other level of work. Can we handle sigs
> that are in the KEYS file such that a user can check to see that these
> artifacts are "properly" signed.

BTW, thanks for backing me up in the related thread on infra-dev :-)

I want to create a wiki page on the general wiki as Tony mentions there:

On 17 Aug 2012, at 12:38, Tony Stevenson <tony@pc-tony.com> wrote:

> > wiki.a.o/general/FooSSLPageHere or some such would be fine with me.
>
> Actually the more I think about it, the better this seems.  Once all the
> proposals are ready for review please ping us and we can take it on, then.
>  That would be infinitely easier that collating all the emails on the topic.

I believe I need to be given access to edit wiki.apache.org/general/,
right?  Where do I request this?

Thanks,
Om