From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Welcome Erik de Bruin as an Apache Flex Committer and PPMC Member!
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 23:16:31 GMT
Hi folks,

Please join me in welcoming Erik de Bruin as Apache Flex's newest committer
and PPMC member.  Erik has been a vocal participant on the mailing list and
has been contributing some high quality work, mostly in the
InstallApacheFlex app and related tools.  We all look forward to his
contributions as an Apache Committer.

Erik, asking to be made a committer on the list usually does not work, but
you backed it up with a lot of very good patches :-)  Thanks for your
contributions so far, and we expect more in the future!

Regards,
Om

Just a bit about Erik in his own words:
==================
I'm a 40-something (ancient, I know ;-)
and I live in Utrecht, the Netherlands. I have had my own
coding/consulting company, Ix Multimedia Software, since 1996. The
main focus of my company is on eLearning.

Ever since my previous love, Macromedia's Authorware, died, I have
been an avid Flex coder. I am the architect for a couple of large and
countless small(er) projects. I think Flex is the perfect environment
for writing the client side presentation of large datasets and media
living somewhere on a server.

After lurking around the Apache Flex community for a couple of months,
I found that I started to worry a bit about how the project would make
it's wonderful product available to developers everywhere. OmPrakash
Muppirala (Om) hit upon a great idea to build an installer application
that takes away the 'hassle' of fetching the SDK from the Apache Flex
website (and various other locations) and adding it to the user's IDE.
I started working with Om to make that app a success, and I plan on
continuing that work, as well as actively trying to get the various
parties (I'm looking at you, Spoon) to host (a link to) this installer
app, in order to increase the availability and accessibility of the
SDK. And I'm sure that there are a couple of other things that I might
be able to help with as well ;-)

I look forward to being a committer and working with all of you,

EdB