From Om <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InstallApacheFlex - Where to host it?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:33:43 GMT
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Erik de Bruin <erik@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> >> Then Flex can probably just use those modules as dependencies?
> >
> > Yup, I believe that would be the easiest, the build script for the
> > installApacheFlex
> > application will just need to download the swc from the Maven repo.
>
> I'm sorry, my daily dose of caffeine clearly hasn't kicked in yet. How
> would this work? If the swc is not part of the Flash builder project,
> how would we be able to use it? How is this better than including the
> actual source files, like we do for the crypto components?
>
> EdB

Just like how anyone who wants to develop with Apache Flex source would do
today.  Download the sources, then run a script that would download all the
dependencies.  Then, set up your project and code away.  Just don't check
in the dependencies (if you are a committer)

I think we need to talk about the Crypto components as well :-)  Can you
provide some details about where the source code is from and what license
it is?  If it is an incompatible license, we need to add that as a
downloadable external dependency as well.

Thanks,
Om