From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Discuss: Branching Strategy and SCM
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 04:56:38 GMT
Hi,

> The way I see it, if there are a bunch of developers working in trunk, and
> they happen to leave things unfinished or unstable, then somebody has to go
> through all of that and figure out what is actually ready for a release and
> what is not.
I see that as a concern but I think it's a concern not matter what SCM and branching system
we take. We would still somehow have to work out what should be in a release from one or more
branches and/or decide how/when features go into a particular branch.

About the only way it can be done without cherry picking is the one branch/change (but that
wasn't put forward as an option) and it's probably a bit excessive/expensive in branching
(particularly in SVN). Hopefully JIRA may help out here (fixed vs resolved)?

Thanks,
Justin