From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Getting To Git (was Re: [MENTORS] Current Branching Strategy Vote Results)
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:38:47 GMT
Hi,

Well first concern is will the Git branching model actually work with SVN as described in
the document? It wasn't designed with SVN in mind.

So what changes need to be made to the process it in order for us with work cleanly with SVN?
For instance how is history going to be managed when merging? How do we share the local branches
that would exist in git?

My guess (and hopefully I'm wrong but infra have a lot on their plate at the moment) that
it will take some time to get GIt up and running for the project so it's likely we have to
live with this for a while.

Thanks,
Justin