From "Guthmann, Scott" <>
Subject RE: Recruiting more help for the project
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:43:01 GMT
> I'm not really sure what the point of this survey is. When I volunteer my time to this
project I spend my time on things that I feel passionate about, things that I want fixed or
added. Nobody in the project determines what should be actually worked on
> next, people just start adding. For example Justin just started adding validators, Tink
has added other components, etc. I, personally, wouldn't look at this much. I would, however,
be more involved with devs that mailed the mailing list and said "I am
> working on X and I need an opinion or help on Y".
> -omar
Thanks for the response, Omar. It is true that the most important contributions will come
from those we may not know yet who have ideas we haven't thought of. I do understand that
this is the power of the ApacheWay. I tweet as @On3solutions and I have been broadcasting
Apache Flex activism messages for several months now. I am encouraging those who follow me
to comment, contribute, join the mailing list, become a wiki editor, add application examples,
and generally recruiting interested parties to get involved. If those most committed members
on this list retweeted these Apache Flex recruitment calls to action to their lists of followers,
we would add more of this unexpected & most valuable help to the project. It would also
be nice if someone [with access] logged into the @ApacheFlex twitter account and retweeted
some of the important messages occasionally, too.

View raw message