From "Guthmann, Scott" <sguthm...@on3solutions.com>
Subject Recruiting more help for the project
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:29:21 GMT
> The change is more about the idea that *anything* that gives us a better chance of more
people contributing in any way right now is good for us and I believe git will. My original
(and somewhat ongoing) concern is that I don't want to take another
> detour. However, with several people volunteering to work on this, I think it can go
forward while work continues... So, I will hope someone else votes.

1) Is there a way to tell how many people are on the Flex-Dev mailing list today? Please tell
me what the number is.
2) Is there an easy way to determine how many people are participating as commenters? &
also participating & contributing code / fixing bugs / providing technical contributions?
I hope there is an easier way than me just counting.....
3) How many resources do we need that we do not have today?
4) If you had more technical volunteers what would you advise them do to provide the highest
benefit to the project?

Thru our social networks, the Spoon Project ML & Flex User group managers list my marketing
colleagues and I were able to get 496 Flex developers to take a survey about Apache Flex 7-26-12
thru today. 238 of those developers said they plan to do more in various ways. The table is
provided below. I believe that many of the responses are from those who are not on this list.

Which of the following development priorities for versions of Apache Flex beyond 4.8.0-incubating
do you plan to contribute to (contribute code, review code, author wiki, author training,
lead webinars, author code examples, testing code, spreading the word) during the next 6-12
months? Choose all that apply:
Answer Options		Response Count
4.6 ViewStack			86
4.6 Accordion			50