From "Guthmann, Scott" <sguthm...@on3solutions.com>
Subject RE: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:26:08 GMT
> I'm not assuming we'll moving to GIT right away but as Bertrand mentioned, we need to
work as a team and if PPMC members aren't able to find a strategy for Apache Flex when it
comes to source control, how is it going to work for code additions/changes?

I think João is pointing out something important that I think we must understand as a group.
It is a judgment call when / if the Mentors decide the project is ready to graduate from Podling
to Project or not. I do not know what our Mentors are thinking - but my guess is that these
are some of the things they are probably looking for from our project.

1) Are we able to make strategic decisions as a group correctly that give the Flex project
the best chance for success over the long term?
2) When good advice (help) is given, are we willing to take it?
3) Do we act like a team and make decisions for the good of the team even when our own preferences
are not being used?
4) Do we have a group of active & participating PPMC members who are actually committed
to the project?
5) Today, we still require corporate support and mentoring to sustain the project. If the
support and mentoring were removed, what would happen?

In my view, we still seem like a disparate group of individuals who are most comfortable working
alone or on small groups with great amounts of autonomy. We are not a team yet & our Flex
project isn't self-sustaining. My evidence is this conversation debating the relative merits
of our options and the reasoning each commenter has given.