From "Guthmann, Scott" <>
Subject RE: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:06:00 GMT
> IMHO, I do not accept for Git move right now.
> We must continue in SVN this means that projects keep going. Maybe when we have a solid
proper release like 5.0 we should move to git.
I have to agree with Igor on this topic. I realize how much fun it is to debate tools and
different schools of thought on technology choices. I am also willing to concede that Git
is a better tool than SVN - (I have no idea, obviously. And, iIt isn't relevant to my point)
But because SVN is the default for Apache projects and Infra would provide less support, this
piece of evidence tells me that the project would be worse off by a great deal by moving to
a tool with less support. Even though Apache Flex has really smart contributors, commenters,
and committers currently that do not need support from Infra - who is to say this will always
be the case? Because of reasons of sustainability & additional support available for SVN
that is not available for Git - it seems like a poor idea to choose a tool that we know has
less support - doesn't it?

> Right now is a waste of time trying to procrastinating things that isn't relevant to
the project goals.
Again - this statement is very compelling to me. [So fun to debate about these things!] that
have very little or nothing to do with moving the project forward and making the SDK less
buggy, more feature rich, easier to use, less risky for firms to rely on, etc... Igor has
been persuasive with me on this point!
View raw message