From "Guthmann, Scott" <sguthm...@on3solutions.com>
Subject [OT] make noise to get folks to try it out & marketing
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:40:03 GMT
> Your job is then to make noise to get folks to try it out, maybe by threatening to promote
it to the unstable branch.  We would ask the committers and other interested folks to generally
work out of the unstable branch.

We have multiple fairly robust marketing channels that can be used to make noise to recruit
"helpful" help: 1) Spoon mailing list, 2) Apache Flex UGMs, 3) committers twitter accounts,
4) Apache Flex Developers Linked in group, 5) Apache Flex service provider directory, 6) Flex
partner ecosystem directory, 7) Apache Flex wiki, 8) Apache Flex website, & 9) Spoon website.
We just need to know what kind of [project] help is needed & a very specific call to action.
For example, the community survey we launched on 7-26-12 has nearly 500 responses from around
the world. We have a good loud marketing voice via these channels - and I will say that if
you aren't yet on the Spoon NL mailing list, you should add yourself. [http://www.spoon.as/contact-spoon/
]  The draft I read today is fantastic!