From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Switching to Git - immediate repercussions
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 23:03:21 GMT
Hi,

> Also given that Justin is the only person on this list who has a full
> handle on the automated builds, we need to make sure that he is available
> during the switch.
There a few other people with access to Jenkins admin not just me. You do need to have admin
right in order to view the config which is a bit strange IMO.

The current job config is fairly simple even someone without a lot of Jenkins experience would
be able to understand it/make changes to it. Just be careful with paths!

It basically:
1. Checks out of SVN (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/sdk/branches/develop)
2. Build once/day and polls SVN every hour to see if a build is required
3. Kills the build if it takes more than 30 minutes
4. Set these env variables
AIR_HOME=${WORKSPACE}/air/AIR Integration Kit
FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER=C\:/Program\ Files\ (x86)/Adobe/flashplayer_11_sa_debug_32bit.exe
PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME=${WORKSPACE}/lib/player
PIXELBENDER_HOME=C\:/Program\ Files\ (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Utilities\ -\ CS5/Pixel\ Bender\ Toolkit\
2
5. Does an "ant main" followed by a "clean main source-release"
6. Emails a few people when a build is broken.

I'm not sure why it's doing a clean main before source-release but there was a reason for
it. The email should probably go to the dev list.

Thanks,
Justin