From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Getting a github pull request into SVN
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 23:35:28 GMT
Hi,

> if I need sign any document, I'll do in order i guess contribute in any kind works thats
need
If you want you can sign and submit an ICL. [1] But for small patches like  this it's not
needed.

> but if any anonymous community people need too, may be nobody contribute using this way.

As long as it clearly documented what's being committed in JIRA and or the list (via a patch
file is best) that's OK.

I'm not sure we could accept a truly anonymous contribution ie ones we don't who or where
they come from as it may have licensing issues we are unaware of.

> I hope get an enough flexibility workflow as we can absorb external little (or big) contributes,
just verified by the PPMC team only.

I did have a minor issue with the patch, but that's because the github repo is out of date
with the SVN repo. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

For interest here's how I applied the patch:
curl https://github.com/apache/flex/pull/7.patch | patch -p1

So I think we can say that this is the best way on how to apply github pull requests. Now
just have to work out how to close them in github :-)

And the results.
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  3345  100  3345    0     0   1705      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--  2005
patching file frameworks/projects/apache/build.xml
Hunk #1 FAILED at 108.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file frameworks/projects/apache/build.xml.rej
patching file frameworks/projects/apache/bundles/es_ES/apache.properties
patching file frameworks/projects/apache/src/org/apache/flex/validators/PostCodeValidator.as
Hunk #1 succeeded at 922 (offset 1 line).

The patch to the build file failed as it contained existing changes in the same place (de_CH
locale added) so I had to fix by hand.

Other than that the changes look fine, just testing and I'll commit them soon.

Thanks,
Justin

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt