From Marcus Fritze <marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>
Subject [Question] Develop Flex SDK in Eclipse / Flash Builder | contribute patches | fix issues, how?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:05:51 GMT
Hi list,

I want to fix some issues in the Flex SDK (eg. NumericStepper and some other issues). But
unfortunately the function which should be fixed is a private function. So I can't override
this function to debug and fix the issue. So I think the best way to fix issues in the Flex
SDK is to develop in a complete new project where the Flex SDK is located inside of my Eclipse.
That means in this project I have the original NumericStepper.as where I can debug / test
/ fix this original file. (I hope you understand what I mean.)  Or how does it work?

To make it short, I have found the official README http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/4.8.0-incubating/README
but there is nothing mentioned how to include the Flex SDK in Eclipse.

Do I have to include the SVN (svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/trunk
flex) as a Java project in Eclipse?

How does it work? Sorry if this is are so newbie questions, but I have never developed the
Flex SDK. I think I am an experienced Flex developer, but I always have used the SDK which
was published by Adobe. And I have always filed the issued in the JIRA and was waiting that
Adobe will fix this issues. But now I think it's our turn to fix all the bugs (or maybe not
all, there are a lot of them, but most of the important ones ;-) ) in the Flex SDK.

Btw, some news about the file attachments in the JIRA? Are the file attachments in the JIRA
issues now working? https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4380 (I know it's a lot of
work, but in my opinion this is taking too long).

Best regards

Marcus