From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What would it take to move to Git?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:22:57 GMT

Sent from my mobile device.

On Aug 11, 2012, at 4:45 AM, Carlos Rovira <carlos.rovira@codeoscopic.com> wrote:

> When you want to plan a feature make a local branch to make your
> development, better than start to make it directly on the initial branch.
> When you finish, merge with final. You can as well publish  your feature
> branch in remote to let others see it and help with your feature.

These are the kind of statements I'm not too comfortable with right now. At Apache we have
to do things collaboratively. Your local branch should be very short-lived before you share
it with the rest of the dev team. We don't want to see your feature when you're done with
it. We want to see it as it develops and maybe contribute to it or offer thoughts along the
way.

Greg