From Tink <f...@tink.ws>
Subject Re: Mixed Case class names and SW, SWC etc
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 10:45:14 GMT
I wasn't really suggesting changing them, as they would break a whole load of peoples code,
just  pointing out that this is a mistake that leaves well named classes unreadable.

It also doesn't help with interfaces and Adobe convention of using a capital I's. If acronyms
weren't all uppercase, an interface would be clear to see as it would be a capital I, followed
by another capital letter. If the second letter wasn't capitalised, you'd know it was an interface.

For instance

ID3Info, interface or class? Id3Info would have made it clear that it was a class.

Tink

On 18 Aug 2012, at 01:53, Gordon Smith wrote:

> On second thought, changing them would be a bad idea because this convention comes from
the flash.* API. In other words, it wasn't an arbitrary choice for Flex. As long as Flex is
Flash-based, acronyms should not be mixed case, so that the API looks consistent at all levels
of the platform stack.